Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend Brews - Week 47 - Bitter Bliss

Wellllll, slap my momma, it's Friday night!

Yes, that's right, another Weekend Brews Report comin' atcha, and this evening I've got a big bitter smile on my face. What? Bitter smile? What the hell could that possibly mean? It means that I found a bottle of the Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout hiding out at the local Bevmo!

Let's get to it!

Oh glorious darkness. The stout is a sea of opaqueness. Nestled on top of the liquid sits a milk-chocolaty, fluffy head reminiscent of a rootbeer float. Go on and stick your nose in there ... lordamercy. The aromas of rich chocolate and fresh roasted coffee bring the love. That's what I'm talkin' aboot.

What's that you say? Drink it?



YES! YES! YES! I command you all to go out and buy this beer and drink it!

It's exploding with smooth, lush chocolate flavor and finishes with a perfect bitterness the same way a well-brewed espresso hits the palate. Awesome.

I haven't had the chance to drink other anniversary beers from Stone, and that's a shame. However, I am lucky enough to have discovered this one. I'm a fan of just about everything else I've had from their brewery, so it comes as no surprise that I can strongly recommend this beer.

That's it for now brothers and sisters. I'll try and get to some others in the fridge later on.

Slainte!

Overall Score of the Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout: 4.5 out 5.0

1 comment: