Friday, July 20, 2007

Brilliant Beer Marketing



A couple of days ago I received a package from the Boston Beer Company. If you are a member of the American Homebrewers Association and Beer Advocate, you too may have had the same experience.

Around 11PM I was returning home to find a small cardboard box in front of my door. I brought it inside and examined its exterior. There was a silhouette of a glass on the side and it read, "Sam Adams Boston Lager 16oz." Sweet! Someone sent me beer glasses.

I opened up the box and there was a letter from Jim Koch of the Boston Beer Company explaining that he had been searching for the perfect glass to serve his Sam Adams Boston Lager in. It also said as a member of AHA and Beer Advocate, I would be the type of person that would understand his quest for this perfect pint glass. Right off the bat I was amazed. And no I didn't think he sent me a personal letter. ha ha. He explained that as a homebrewer he would be honored if I used his glass to serve one of my own homebrews. How cool is that? What a great way to market your product. I can say that I wanted to immediately go out and purchase some Sam Adams Boston Lager to try out these glasses(I actually had a Brookyln Lager in the glass first... sorry Jim, that's all I had in the fridge).




As a marketing professional and a homebrewer it always makes me happy when I see a talented brewer using tasteful marketing to promote their hard work.

Great job Jim Koch, and if you have a chance, check out the glasses for yourself. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment