Friday, March 6, 2009

Weekend Brews - Week 62 - The Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout

Holy crap, Friday could not have come sooner! From my car shitting the bed to my broken glasses, I'm ready for a muthaf#@kin' beer! I decided upon something strong to start my weekend. That strong beer is none other than The Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout. An 11% ABV monster with my name on it.

The Lost Abbey is the beer family brought to you by Port Brewing Company in San Marcos, California. Born from the legendary Pizza Port, The Lost Abbey was created to allow the folks from Pizza Port to bring their love of Belgian-style beers to a larger audience. Let's take a look at the Serpent's Stout.

The beer pours a thick, dark brown into the glass with a light and fizzy mocha-colored head on top. Aromas of chocolate and caramel jump out of the glass. This beer smells wonderful. I touch the glass to my lips and tilt ...

... oh good lord that's tasty! Flavors of chocolate, coffee and dark cherries are abundant in this syrupy thick beer. There's some strong alcohol aftertaste and a pleasant warming effect that follows. Wow. On a cold night with a fire going, this beer is perfect.

The Serpent's Stout comes in a large bottle, so I recommend sharing it with some friends. At 11% ABV there's enough for two ... three if you've got a few other beers around. ha ha.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm always interested to read reactions to the stronger beers.

Happy Friday everyone!


Prost!

Overall Score of the The Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout: 4.0 out 5.0

2 comments:

  1. Ah you jerk. I had that at Monk's.
    You should check that place out if you feel like going to the Mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not beer's fault you stepped on your glasses. Don't take it out on beer.

    ReplyDelete