Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend Brews - Week 64 - Sunshine and Shiner Hefeweizen

It's Friday. It's sunny and warm outside. It's time to drink cold beer!

This week we start with something from the lighter side of the beer spectrum. A wheat beer from Texas by the name of Shiner Hefeweizen. The Shiner Brewery, probably best know for its flagship brew, the Shiner Bock, has been producing great beer since 1909. The Hefeweizen is a perfect choice for a sunny Friday after work with it's easy drinkin' light-bodied goodness. Let's give the Shiner Hefe a go!

The beer pours a light gold into the glass and features clouds of yeast and an angel soft head on top. The head disappears quickly and aromas of orange, lemon and clove bounce from the glass. Oh man that smells amazing! And now we taste ...

Ahhhhh. A well-balanced and refreshing beer filled with citrus flavors and a touch of sweetness from the malt as well as the honey added in the brewing process.

This beer is the perfect beverage for a barbecue with friends. My neighbors are making a ton of noise right now with their damn loud car and stupid kids, so for now, I'm enjoying this beverage indoors. However, once they shut the hell up, I'll be outside, soaking up the last few minutes of sun, and watching it set below the rooftops and into the bay. Not a bad Friday at all.

I've got a few other beers to write about tonight, so stay tuned. In the meantime, go find some Shiner Hefeweizen and welcome in the beauty of springtime.

Prost!

Overall Score of the Shiner Hefeweizen: 3.75 out 5.0

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I find that pretty much every week after work on Friday I want a hefeweizen. Although last week I got curious when I saw two beers from Widmer OTHER than the hef, so I tried their amber ale. Pretty good, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know about these cold beers.I also love to drink these cold beer.I think you will feel relax after having a glass of beer.
    How To Make Beer

    ReplyDelete