Friday, March 21, 2008

Weekend Brews Week 14

It's Friday, I've got a job and I've got shit to do... like drink beelz. That's right, I had band practice and some other things to tend to, but those activities are finished and it is time to officially tell you about Weekend Brews selection #14.

This ice ice cole cole beel was brought this way courtesy of Matt Weaver and his trip to the Garden State. Well the beer itself isn't from NJ, but we can't get it down here, so it is a special delivery.

This week I'd like to feature a tasty brew from Weyerbacher Brewing Company from Easton, PA. It's name is Hops Infusion India Pale Ale. Ahhhh yeaaaah... a tasty IPA. I love Fridays and good beer.

This beverage has a lovely foamy head that sticks around awhile to let you know it's not fooling around. What to do next with this beer you ask? Go on... stick your nose in there... do it! (cue Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin)

The aroma... there's citrus, there's sweet and tasty hot cross buns and there's a touch of spice. A nice.

Drink it!

Okay, I will. This brown bottled beauty grabs me like an angry drunk zookeeper grabs an aggressive chimp trying to steal his only sandwich and bag of chips. Get over here!

It's bitter, with a simple hint of sweetness that rounds out a beautiful medium-bodied ale. Personally I wouldn't mind if this beer was a bit thicker on the tongue, but I really shouldn't complain. We can't even get this beer in Florida!

So my friends, if you live in an area, most likely the northeast, where you can get Weyerbacher beers, give the Hops Infusion IPA a try. It's a fantastic brew to start your weekend, and one you can drink several of without feeling like you are being dragged down by the alcohol.

So far I've had a few of the Weyerbacher beers, and my favorite is their Double Simcoe IPA, but this beverage is no slouch. Pick up a sixer if you can, and have a great weekend.

Prost!

Overall score for Weyerbacher Hops Infusion India Pale Ale: 4.0 out of 5.0

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I'm actually surprised you scored it so high. I think it's pretty good, but a little sticky and sweet for an IPA. Overall, still quite good.

    I guess the hophead in you just can't score an IPA low, eh?

    ReplyDelete