Friday, March 28, 2008

Weekend Brews Week 15

Last day of the work week, first day of the beer week. Woo Hoo! I'm not even sure what that means...

This week we go organic. No chemically induced hops or barley in this week's beers, just goodness from the great green earth with no additives. Beauty.

The beer of choice for this Weekend Brews report is Cru D'or Organic Belgian Style Ale from North Coast Brewing Company. North Coast is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This beel must be very new as there's not even a mention of it on the brewery's website. Sweet! I get a first taste of something special.

The Cru D'or pours a dark amber color into the tall glass and creates a wonderfully aromatic fluffy beige head. The beer has some quality head retention and the glass is now laced with a web of delicious foam. Scents of clove, orange and touch of banana hit my nose as I prepare for the first sip.

Ahhhhh... man that is tasty. The beer is spicy, rich and strong. You can most certainly taste the alcohol. I can even get a smidgen of smokiness from this ale. Weird.

This isn't the type of beverage I'd sit down and drink a 4-pack of, but it is a nice specialty brew to share with friends... which I will do soon. Give it a shot and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear the opinions on this Belgian Style from North Coast. It could be better, but it most certainly could be worse.

Overall Score: 3.0 out of 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment