Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekend Brews - Week 41 - Saturday Night Special

Well, thanks to my good friend Russ and his bar tending skills, I managed to miss Friday's blog post. Turns out my old friend from Long Island is doing well in the city by the bay, and pours a fine glass of Hefeweizen ... as well as a few glasses of Belgian Tripel.

So, tonight I grab the hair of the dog, but this will be a short post because I've still got a headache. ha ha.

Today I grabbed a sixer of Pyramid Brewery's Thunderhead IPA.

I figured the name was appropriate considering the pounding in my head this morning.





The Thunderhead pours a light amber into the glass and creates a thick foamy head that likes to stick around for awhile. There's a strong scent combination featuring bread, cereal and citrus notes.

The beer is certainly bitter, but there is a sweetness to counter it from the malt. It's not the most well-balance IPA, but it does the trick.

I think this beer is worth a try. It's certainly not at the top of my list as far as American IPAs go, but it's a good brew for a weekend sampler.

That's it for now friends ... I'm going to finish this brew and get back to watching the Cubs get swept in the NLDS.

Cheers.

Overall Score of the Pyramind Thunderhead IPA: 3.0 out 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment