Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekend Brews - Week 43 - Gimmee Some Moylan's

Welcome to another installment of the Weekend Brews Report. This week we down a pint of a tasty American IPA from beautiful Novato, California. That's right folks, another hip-hoppy, wonderfully bitter liquid treat ripe for the tasting. YES!

Tonight's featured beer is the IPA crafted by Moylan's Brewery. I know I talk about the hoppy beers quite a bit, but hey ... your supposed to write about what you love right? At least that's my take on it.

The Moylan's pours a mixture of golden and amber into the glass. A frothy head sits proudly atop the beer and slowly fades away. An abundance of citrus notes begin escaping into the air and with a closer tip of the nose, you can get a whiff of what smells like the rind of a lime. Weird.

A healthy gulp and the bitter blast of hops hits hard, but the brew does have some malty flavor to balance out the bitterness. Not the best I've had, but certainly not the worst. I'll have to pay this brewpub a visit one of these days to try this one on tap.

Sorry no pix from the camera this week. I think my crappy Kodak has finally died. Bummer. Hopefully that fat bastard in the red coat and big beard will bring me one in December. You hear me fat man?!! Just sayin'.

Anyway, go out there and enjoy your weekend. That's what I'll be doing.

Cheers.

Overall Score of the Moylan's IPA: 2.75 out 5.0

Oh, and I have a mini keg of Paulaner Hefeweizen in the fridge. If you haven't had it, go get it! This is a fantastic wheat beer that everyone should try.


Overall Score of the Paulaner Hefeweizen (without a full review): 4.5 out 5.0

1 comment:

  1. Yes, thanks for the Paulaner! Although everybody else hogged it all.

    ReplyDelete