Friday, December 5, 2008

The Old Man Cometh

Coming from the east coast, I haven't had the chance to sample many of the beers coming from the Russian River Brewing Company. Luckily, now in Northern California, I can get my hands on all the good brews.

I've heard of and read about their famous Pliny the Elder double IPA, and I finally tracked some down at the City Beer Store. Sweeeeeeeet.

I immediately popped the top as I got home from work, and poured the liquid into a pint glass. A translucent gold and amber mix crowned with a thick and creamy head tell me this beer has potential. My nose just wants to dive into that foam ... a deep sniff and ... OHHHHH! I feel like I've just been transplanted into the heart of a Northern California forest with all the pine needle aromas coming from the glass.

Lordamercy. Down the hatch it goes bitches!

I say gotdamn! That is a tasty beverage. A sweet, marvelous malt base sets the stage for a big burst of bitterness from the tons of hops that fill this brilliant beer.

A champion amongst champions, Pliny the Elder is definitely working its way up my favorite beer list.

I compel you to find it. Drink it. Love it.

Now go on and get it!

Overall Score of Russian River Brewing Co.'s Pliny the Elder: 4.5 out 5.0

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Awesome dude! Matt and I had that one last weekend. This weekend might be Damnation.

    ReplyDelete