Thursday, December 11, 2008

Santa's Private Reserve


Who wants a seasonal beer?
Who wants a sip of a delicious Rogue Ale? Really? Me too!

Ya know, besides beer, the first thing that comes to mind when I read the words, "ho, ho, ho," is this ...



However, tonight we shall talk about beer. Please, please hold your applause. Let's discuss a seasonal classic from the folks at Rogue Ales.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Santa's Private Reserve.

I pop the top off this special seasonal ale and pour it into a glass that's just a bit too big for the 12 ounces of beer. Oh well. It's a ravishing ruby red color, and comes equipped with a velvety cream head that seems to want to stick around for the holidays.

Notes of brown sugar and pine trees blast the nose. The Rogue Ales brewery website even says there's a special hop called, "Rudolph" in the beer too (not sure I'm buying that story)! Okay, before it gets warm, let's give it a taste ...

Mmmmmm. Ahhhhhh. This red ale is chock full of hops and bitterness, perfect for a cold Northern California night. The hop flavors stick to my tongue and make it tingle. Oh Santa you cheeky bastard, your magical elixir is making me smile!

It's a good one friends. Full of winter flavor and a piny finish, I'm going to have another after this one. If you enjoy a tasty, hoppy ale, I'd recommend picking up one of these Santa's Special Reserve ales while their around.

Happy Drinkingdays everyone!

Overall Score of the Rogue Ales Santa's Private Reserve: 4.0 out of 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment